The Ministry of Transport and Communications was established by a royal decree, tasked of implementing the government’s plans in transport and communications fields. The transport and communication sector’s role is of holding the pillars of infrastructure for social and economic development in the Sultanate.
The objective of the project was to analyse and evaluate the efficiency, competence and patterns of personalities of (73) senior managers at the Ministry for their development and similarly identify the extent to which these managers are ready and desirous for change and improvement at the ministry.
MOTC’s Project Requirements & Ajyal’s Proposed Solution
A full-cycle Development Centre aimed at identifying MOTC senior managers’ leadership capabilities and areas for development, thereby providing MOTC management with information that would help them build and improve the status of the Ministry. This solution included:
- Development Centre Design-proposed Competency Framework
- Hogan Personality Assessment
- 360° Feedback Exercise
- Development Centres (CBI, Group Collaboration Exercise)
- Personal Reports for all participants
- Individual Feedback and Coaching for all participants
- Competency Workshops (6 days of 2 sessions each competency)
- Two-day Hogan Certification Course for 2 MOTC employees
- Hogan Suite e-Portal Administration and Training
- Executive Summary Report for HE, the Minister of MOTC
The Development Program was fully delivered in Arabic which gave the employees the utmost opportunity to express themselves, learn, collaborate with teams and gain valuable experience from the entire activities as well as from Ajyal’s global experts, who were carefully selected to bring about the best solution from the development centre design to the actual delivery of every stage of the 6-month project.
The program has also given some MOTC personnel the opportunity to understand how personality profiles are analysed and how online personality assessment utilised in the centre is administered.
The outcome of the centre was then presented to HE of MOTC which includes the necessary recommendations for strengthening the status of the Ministry through the results obtained in the comprehensive development centre.
- Identification of people capabilities/strength in the ministry; hi-potential employees that can be considered as future MOTC leaders, given the right development interventions.
- Identification of organisational strengths that can be capitalised in order to move the ministry forward
- Provided individual and organisational recommendations addressing the development areas, taking into consideration the priorities requiring attention, related to key organisational objectives.
- MOTC leaders went through individual feedback/coaching session that helped them realise their potentials/strengths that can be used in order to help improve the ministry’s status, as well as areas needing development.
- Identified a high level of engagement and enthusiasm of MOTC leaders throughout the development centre
- Individual leaders were able to collaboratively deal with other leaders at MOTC
- Employees have had a real experience of the standards and activities expected in a professionally-run development centre through our professional approach and experienced global Assessors.